Dizainar is a a very well known designer concept store in Bucharest (Putul cu Plopi Street, no 17), where you’ll find some of the coolest and original creations of Romanian designers, especially in home decor and fashion accessories.
Active supporter of all Romanian object designers, its founders wish was to create a space almost like an art gallery, a Romanian design lab dedicated mostly to home decor, from tiny decorations to light features, paintings, ceramics, tables, chairs, etc. Even though they started with home decor, the store now has a great selection of fashion accessories for everyone and lots of great gift ideas.
Last year, they received Elle Decoration Romanian Design Award for “Most active supporter of interior design” and this month the award for Excellence from the European Institute of Romania for consistently promoting Romanian Design, in all its forms.
With just a few days left until Christmas, we all know it’s that time of year when any great gift idea is just that: GREAT! Since I’ve just visited the Dizainar Store last week, I have 10 + 1 great Romanian gift ideas under 50 Euro to show you right now, that I’m sure will bring joy to the future happy owner.
- Funny, Smart, Sweet Wall Stickers
You’ll find lots of types of wall stickers in shop, but my absolute favorites are:
Author: Green Horses on the Wall 🙂 (Cai verzi pe pereti)
2. Terrariums – Mega cool idea, great design feature and another way to have some green life in your home. Plus, they are child friendly, meaning no child will touch them 🙂 if hanged at the right place and height.
3. Ceramics – “Constellations” Collection by Madalina Teler
4. Lovely Ceramic Painted Bells by Ceramic Sparrow – or just art on a bell
5. Bulbo by Foldo – the classic bulb, reinvented, made from cardboard
6. “In front of your apartment building” by Supersomething – a collection of games, others than tablet, phone or PC games, that most of us adults played and most of the children today don’t know anything about. But they should…
7. Illustrations for home, sweet home
8. Ipad Case by Marie Nouvelle
9. Pompon felt bag
10. Don Papillon wood bow tie
Starting last weekend, you can find my Leather Statement necklaces at Dizainar shop, and starting December 18 until December 23 the store will host “Mos Dizainar” Christmas Fair, with lots of other gifts and interesting projects.
Also, you’ll find the “Mos Dizainar” Gifts Caravan at ARCUB Gabroveni Inn (Hanul Gabroveni – Lipscani Street 84-90), where another beautiful Christmas Fair is being held from December 6 until December 23.
There are lots of fairs, lots of Christmas gifts to be given, so if you want to spend some time surrounded by Romanian Design at its best, buy local or just admire the work of our talented designers, you should definitely visit those 2 fairs.
Have fun Divas!
You can subscribe to my newsletter and you’ll receive the latest fashion ideas, style tips, book recommendations, home & deco inspiration and interesting stories right in your inbox!